11.20.2008

To sell or not to sell... that is the question

I got THE call yesterday... my dress is clean and ready to be stored. So it hit me more that I thought it could. I realized that this was it... and that I would most probably never wear my dress again and it really makes me sad. If there is one thing in my whole wedding that I absolutely loved and would do again... my dress would be it. But at the same time whats the point of keeping a gorgeous dress in the closet when someone else can have the joy of wearing this stunning dress. I have had people/readers asking me if I were selling items that I had in my wedding... and honestly I was never able to give a response (sorry about that)


I really don't know if I am ready to let my wedding items go. I don't know if its because I don't want to face the fact that the wedding is over... or that I just want to hold on to the memories as long as I can. I mean what if I sell everything and forget? Ok that not likely to happen... but I think you understand what I am trying to say.

I have many wedding items piled up in my office and room and I selling some would be a good way to move on... but I don't know if I can. I mean, I would love to have my future daugther wear my wedding dress. But then I think about it... I never wore my moms dress or veil or anything she had at her wedding, so would my daugther wear mine. Most likely not.

I have many items that I can possibly sell (because I would most likely never wear or use them again)
You can see pics of majority of the items here
Now my question is this : Have you decided to sell your wedding items? And for those of you who have... how did you make the step and do you regret it???
Please help one confused bird.

No comments: