11.28.2008

Our Wedding Movie Trailer...

Alright I can't wait any longer and must share this with you. I know... I'm not finished doing all my recap posts, but I am way too excited to wait until I am done the recaps. What I loved about our wedding was the videographer. I was so lucky to have Wes Jones of Film Jones come to Montreal to film my wedding in 8 mm. Not to mention that he was so great to work with. It truly captured the whole theme of our Vintage Glam wedding and I would hire him all over again in a heart beat.

At first Mr.Flamingo didn't want a wedding video because he didn't want to force our friends and family to watch a 1 hour video... and I completely understood what he was saying. I wanted to have a wedding movie-esque trailer, a short film with all the important moments of the wedding... packed with lots of emotion sort of like a movie. So I went ahead and re-editing my wedding footage to have a really short wedding trailer... a total of 9 minutes. Yup thats it!

Our Wedding Trailer.


.
Footage taken by Wes Jones of Film Jones


I used the Mac program Final Cut Express to do all the editing. Luckily my friend had the program and helped me a whole lot (Thanks Isabel!!!) The program isn't very complicated... and with google you can find many tutorials online. Because I compressed the movie quite alot, the movie lost alot of details and the 8mm effect isn't as great as the original movie. But I think you will get the overall feel.

So do you like it? Will you be re-editing you wedding video?



1 comment:

The Pissed Off Bride said...

Hey, just found your blog!

You did an excellent job at re-editing your wedding footage. How long did that take? It looks great!