9.21.2008

Glamuptials: Giving our gifts

When we started planning the wedding, Mr.Flamingo and I decided not give each other gifts and save that money for something else. At first it seemed to be a good idea, until I found the perfect gift for Mr. F.... I knew he would be extremely happy about my gift chose and honestly I didn't expect anything in return. I got him an original Superman Script signed by the cast of the first movie.

When I gave Mr.Flamingo his gift (ahead of time) he literally had a permanent smile on his face and it made me so happy. I was glad he liked the gift (especially since he is such a difficult person) but then again, you can't really go wrong with Superman.... right?

On the day of the wedding I got a wonderful surprise. Mr.Flamingo got me a gift too. He actually composed a song for me. Even though he didn't sing it live at the wedding, he actually went in a studio to record it. How sweet is that.





I had no clue he did this for me (though apparently everyone in my family did) and later in the evening, he grabbed the microphone and announced my surprised. We danced to the song and the song was beautiful. I wasn't able to tell you what he was saying in the song, because I was crying too much ... but I listen to it the next day and it was simply perfect. This was the best gift ever. I'm so lucky to have him...

Here is the song he composed (now remember Mr.Flamingo is french - his singing in english isn't perfect)



Here is a snippet of the lyrics:
You told me yes I do
took me into your arms
make me a better man
now I belong to you
maybe your true soul mate
you taught me how to love
Did you get a special song for your wedding?

No comments: