9.03.2008

Glamnuptials: Ceremony Part 2

Saying the "I dos" was magical. A moment you dream of and it was a true fairytale come true and to add to the already amazing day, we were blessed to have my godmother and my sister-in-law do a reading. They were stressed like you wouldn't believe, but they did a great job!


We didn't really prepare anything for the candle ceremony so they provided us with these cute dove shaped candle holders. It was very ... how could I say ... capturing.

When it came time to sign the registries... I wanted to make sure everything is perfect. They say once you sign... it's over. You can't go back. I was having doubts... just kidding :) . But they did make a mistake in Mr.Flamingos last name. I didn't want to get married to this stranger... so they made the modifications on the spot.

When it came time to really sign the documents, the music was suppose to start. Ingrid Michaelson "The way I am"... Well it didn't. No one really knew when music was suppose to start, but 2 of my good friends told me I was staring at the Organ and singer as if I had killer eyes. Basically saying "CUE the music" it finally started a little late but now I was ready to sign. lol

So that's it... were married, I'm officially a Mrs. according to the church and the government. I love it. Its such a great feeling (even though I keep my own name) Ya you read right. Here in Quebec, Canada the Government is pro-independence so they want you to keep your name. Otherwise there a fee ... something like 250$ I really don't mind since in the end my children will bear Mr.F name... so its all good. (Plus, to be honest my last name is prettier. :) )

Now for the funny story of the day... and its a pretty funny one. When Mr.Flamingo and I were officially married and walking down the aisle as husband and wife, something unexpected happened. Honestly, I didn't feel a thing (that's because of my nylons) but my beautiful and secret superman garter I made for Mr.F slipped down my leg and found its way on the floor. Yup in the aisle of the church. Luckily the best man was there. He grabbed it like there was no tomorrow and gave it to my mom. She then stuffed it in her dress. I am not kidding you. I didn't even know... I had no clue. :) Thanks for saving the day... and Mr.F had no idea anything went down.


I loved the sound of the bells ringing. They were for us. It was very symbolic. I hope it was caught on video cause everything seemed blurry from that point on.


And were off to go take some pictures. All you heard was honking from a mile away. It was quite amusing and every single person outside looking at us, waved us hello. Maybe its their way of saying "Good Luck".

I think the funny moments of your wedding day is what makes it more magical. Hey I lost my garter in the church aisle... how funny is that. Did you have any funny wedding stories???

Flamingo Glamnuptials recaps:
Beauty Time Part 1 * The Guestbook * Decor Elements * Prep Time * Ceremony Part 1 * Le Gâteau

Photography: IPI-Events

No comments: