9.23.2008

AWS a.k.a After Wedding Shoot

Having the opportunity to do an After Wedding Shoot (AWS) is amazing. Now only do you have the chance to get dolled up again, but you can really take the time to pose for pictures when on the wedding day - time isn't your best friend. On our wedding day, we got some great pictures, but not the kind of pictures I was hoping for.

I wanted something different, unique and luckily my friend knew exactly what I wanted. So in a matter of 1 hour and a half we went from - the gas station, corn field, to railroad track and more. I am really really happy with the outcome of my pictures. (Plus, I got to wear my beautiful Birdcage veil - that I had forgotten at home the day of the wedding)

The morning of the shoot, I actually went to the hairdresser to get my hair done. Unfortunately I did the after wedding chop, so my hair was much shorter than at the wedding, so I couldn't have the same vintage hairstyle (snif! snif!) I did my own makeup like it was done on my wedding day. It wasn't very complicated to do - except maybe putting on the fake lashes. ;)

First stop - the gas station. Now this wasn't a fake pose, we really needed to put gas in the car otherwise we wouldn't go very far. I must admit though, they are pretty cool pictures.





A few minutes from the gas station there was a huge corn field. Being corn season, it seemed perfect for wedding pictures. We asked the owners if we could borrow their field for a couple of minutes, and I guess seeing a Bride and Groom always results in an automatic yes!




Since it had rained a couple of days before the shoot, the ground was quite muddy... so ya, I had a fun time cleaning my shoes afterwards...


Once the shoe cleaning was complete, we hoped in the car and went to the nearest train track, which was literally 2 minutes away. We had fun on the tracks, and let me say cars would pass by and honk...



I love this picture of Mr.Flamingo holding my shoes as I walk down the line (the track line that is) But might I add that it was extremely hot for my feet!


I love this picture - very à la Clark Kent (Superman)

Next up, we took some pictures in a vast grass field. Mr.Flamingo was the one who found the place. It was very beautiful and on top of that, just across the street of the field, there was a beautiful stone fence, where we took some more shots. (Can't get enough)






Once we were done and went back to our friends place, she wanted to take some more pictures of me in my dress. We experimented with different light sources to create a unique shot...



I had a blast taking pictures and if I could do it again I would... hmmm ... Winter is coming up shortly... maybe I could... No! Mr.Flamingo would kill me. Literally - he is so not a picture person :) haha

Did you have an After Wedding Shoot? Were you happy with the results?



No comments: