7.16.2008

Glamuptials: The Guestbook

I know you are waiting impatiently to see my wedding photos as a whole but I have to stretch the suspense a little longer. You all know I like labeling stuff with words that I make up, so this was no exception to the rule. I've decided to officially call my wedding/pro-pics posts Glamuptials.



definition: (noun, pl - the meshing of two words.
Glam which is the shortened form of glamour and nuptials -
a wedding)


The first installment of glamuptials will be about my guestbook. I realized that throughout the planning process I never blogged about what I was doing for that. I was lucky enough to score me one of Zinke Designs Wishing Well. Its a beautiful ivory floral magnetic box with 150 4x6 cards and a pen. Pretty for display and perfect for storage.



I was searching for a bowl or something where I could place the cards in. Then, Mommy Flamingo to the rescue, pulls our a vintage crystal dish. It was perfect... and vintage (it belonged to my great-grandmother). Plus, don't the cards look better in a pretty dish?



The guestbook table was really a family thing. Flamingo step-mother purchased candelabra shaped miniature trees. Yes yes... I am not kidding you, the branches of the trees are shaped like a chandelier. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the first time I had seen anything like that.

A lady who works with Daddy Flamingo mentioned that she had a vintage typewriter which might look nice with my whole vintage theme. I was so excited about this, so I sort of pulled a Lovebug. (thanks for the inspiration) I spent hours cleaning the thing, it was filled with dirt and dust... but in the end something beautiful never looses its beauty.


I had a fun ready what our guest left as words of wisdom. Unfortunately, not many people left us notes, so we should of made an announcement somehow, but it doesn't really matter. My favorite message was from my cousin "Mr. Flamingo, my cousin is always right, remember that... or I'll kill you!" lol

What was your favorite guestbook message?

{All images courtesy of: Ipi-Events Photography}

No comments: