7.15.2008

Gimme Photos and more Photos

I had mentioned that I wanted to put photo cards on the tables so that the guests could upload their own wedding photos. After much debate I decided to go with Flickr. Simply because you could upload the pictures directly - no need to download a program. I designed a folded card which I placed on each table. They were bilingual (French & English) with a message on one side and the instruction on the other.


In my last post, many of yous mentioned that you were interested in knowing what I was going to write on my cards...Well I am happy to share it with yous.

Front page:
Share your memorable photos with us!

We would love to discover your amazing photographer talents!
We invite you to upload your photos & videos on a photo sharing website where all of our family and friends can admire your creations taken throughout our special day.

The more photos and videos the merrier!
Looking forward to seeing the great photos you took

Mr. & Mrs. Flamingo xox
Inside page:
Username: xxxxx
Password: xxxxxx

How to use Flickr.com
1 - Save photos onto your computer
2 - Go to www.flickr.com
3 - Log in using username and password
4 - Start uploading photos and videos
5 - Name and explain photos and videos

Don’t leave anyone guessing. You can explain what was being photographed, include comments about the day or write an amusing caption to go with your uploaded pictures.

Did you happen to miss anything ? View all the moments that you might have missed. Thank you for sharing in our wedding day!
Because I knew many of my friends were going to take pictures and they would all be over 1 MB each, I investing in the Flickr Pro account, for just $24.95 (U.S.) per year. I did a great thing because the free account only allows for 100 MB of images and as of now, I have over 500 pictures from my guest and more are to come.

Here are some of my many pictures taken by my family and friends:


Our beautiful church


Exchanging vows


Partying away


Our first dance

If your debating whether or not you should do this... I say yes all the way. Its a 24.95$ well invested, especially when you were disappointed with your photographer. (more to come on that) Did you have photo cards? Was it worth it for you as it was for me?

No comments: