6.16.2008

Super Garter

**** Mr. Flamingo you cannot read this post****** Stop reading NOW!*****

Ever since I started planning my wedding there was one thing for sure I was going to do for my new-husband-to-be. I wanted to make him a custom garter... you know one to his liking. I've mentioned before that Mr.Flamingo is a superman freak. He's got everything from vintage comic books to statuettes, but one thing he doesn't have is a superman garter. Obviously its not something very common, and I wanted to make one for him. Its more meaningful ... I think.

I wanted to incorporate a superman logo in the garter somewhere but could not find any logos small enough. I thought of using a patch or even a bracelet charm, but everything was too expensive and not to my liking. Then it hit me, CROCS charms. I went to shoe stores in my area in search of the superman logo but there were none in sight. So I decided to check on ebay. Luckily ebayer namesrus was selling one. I made an offer and won it for 1.00$ plus 1.95$ shipping. Pretty good I think.

via Ebay

Now this is a surprise and he won't know it until its time to go under my dress. I even asked the DJ to cue the superman theme song when hes going to get it. Its going to be so funny.

Basically the superman logo/colors consist of blue, red and yellow. Since the emblem is red and yellow and I wanted something blue, I used red and blue satin ribbon. It was very easy to make and the CROCS charm was perfect.

Here is my super garter:



Have you made a custom garter for your husband-to-be?

No comments: