6.15.2008

Flower bouquet decorations

I thank everyone for suggestions regarding my bridal bouquet, I will indeed remove the bear grass loops. I agree, it takes away from the beauty of the bouquet. Even though I agree that the greenery adds fullness to the bouquet, I rather not have any. Hopefully my flowers will be in full bloom and greenery won't be necessary to fill the bouquet.





To continue the my glam theme... I made bouquet jewels, which will be inserted in my bouquet. It was very easy to make and cost pennies compared to buying them already made. You can make endless amounts of shapes when it comes to making them yourself. I decided to make a teardrop kind of shape to recall the chandelier piece which will be wrapped around my bouquet. (see image below)


List of materials:
Jewelry cooper wire
6mm cubic clear Swarvoski crystals
5mm cubic satin silver crystals
miniature taupe multi-facetted fire polished beads
How to:
1- Cut your cooper wire about 12 inches.
2- Insert beads to desired look. Make sure to have a symmetrical design.
3- Fold the wire at the center.
4 - Hold the beads with one hand and with the other start turning the wire to twist it. Continue until you have reached the bottom. This will not only secure the beads but at stength to the stands.
5 - Place the beads and shape wire to desired look and Voila... you have your first bouquet jewel
I also made some bouquet jewels for my bridesmaid, but nothing as complex as mine. I just made them 1 single clear fire polished bead. Since their bouquets won't be very big, it will add just enough shine. Their flowers will be pale pink so the clear stones will pop out and shine in the sun.



For my flower girl, since she is not allowed to throw flower petals, I decided to make her a basket,, but instead she will have a full bodied ivory peony in the basket. I think it will look really cute. Here is my DIY basket.


Before


After

Cost breakdown:
Bridal bouquet jewels : 8 strands = 3.75$ each (5 swarvoski crystals)
Bridesmaids bouquet jewels: 38 strands = 0.33$ each
Chandelier piece for handle: 0.75$
Flower girl basket: 2.oo$ basket + 2.50 ribbon = 4.50 $

I think its pretty good for everything that I got. What do you think?
What flower related DIY projects have you made?

No comments: