6.02.2008

Monumental pictures

I received an email from my photographer a month and a half ago for a detailed list of my wedding day events. From the time he needs to be at my place for my bridal pics to the locations where we want to have our first married couple pictures taken.

Because my photography is situated in the downtown core of montreal, and I live more in the suburbs (about 35 mintues away) I don't expect them to know 'the spots' perfect for these shots. I originally wanted to find an abandoned house, you know with broken windows and ripped curtains, but I wasnt able to find that. So I kept on looking. Well even living around the area, the task was not easy. Actually is was quite hard.... and what after over a month I finally found a great spot.


via: Flickr

In the town where I will be having my reception, there are many beautiful parks and not to mention great spots near the water... but going vintage, I thought the Manoir Globensky would be the perfect place to go.


via: Flickr

A 1890 house, this now label monument is not only authentic but all the detailing is absolutely stunning and I can only imagine what type of photos my photog will take. There are beautiful trees and flowers all around this building, so hopefully we won't need to go somewhere else.


via: Flickr

Did you choose your 'photo spots' ? Did you opt for something original?

No comments: