6.06.2008

Me too I want two

When I found my wedding dress I got a matching classic elbow length veil with a champagne satin edge. (Sorry no pics) I wanted a veil because I wanted my dad to do the - lifting the veil and giving me kissing before I go ahead and get married. This veil was prefect for that but Since I ordered my dress over 1 year before my wedding date I knew I was bound to fall in love with a vintage looking birdcage veil.

I can't not wear my original veil (since my mother is the one who bought me my dress and veil) But I really liked the idea of being a Two Veil Bride like Miss Cookie. I contacted Sandra from Breeziway.com to see if she'd be able to make me a custom veil. I wanted something that would fit my taupe sash but didn't know if it was possible. I got an email back from her and YES she was able to make me something that matched. I sent her pictures of my dress, hairstyle and accessories and I got an email with the finished piece. I was so excited. She used taupe-y colored feathers and the outcome is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S.

Now because I wasn't sure what would be better with my hair style, she made the veil so that I could wear it either on the left or on the right. Isn't that the smartest thing ever !!! Here is my absolutely stunning Birdcage veil :

If worn on the right side:






Close up of the feathers :


If worn on the left side:








Now I have another dilemma, do I wear my birdcage veil for the getting ready pictures or should I go with the original one. Maybe the birdcage one could be my "I'm a Wife now" veil and switch it when Mr.Flamingo and I take pictures as a married couple. What do you think?

No comments: