5.11.2008

Vintage Ambiance

If there is one thing Mr.Flamingo was really interested about was the decor of the reception site. He wanted to have this specific look and I thought it was a great idea. Since we're going vintage he thought it would be neat to go all out and rent outdoor lighting but for inside. That's exactly what we will be doing. Two weeks ago, Mr.Flamingo and I went to Paul Gregoire a local lighting company which offers rental services.

We wanted to re-create a vintage in-the park kinda look and this is what we got...


A Victorian inspired 5 branch lamp post


Two vintage looking park benches

What we wanted to create was a seating area at the back of the reception site. It will be situated near the bar area, so the guests can sit while having a drink. We will put the 5 branch lamp post and 2 benches. The lamp post will be surrounded by plants to really give that outdoor feeling.

2 Victorian inspired single branch lamp post

We also rented 2 single lamp posts. Still not sure where we will be placing these, there was the option of having them near the honor table. We can also place them completely opposite of the park area... but once we decide where the tables will be placed then we will have all the options open.

My favorite of all... is our card box. When I first read Miss Gingerbreads post on her card box, I completely fell in love with the idea of having a neat vintage looking mailbox. I was so happy to have found one that was perfect for out outdoor idea.


This mailbox is perfect, not only does it really fit that vintage look, its got a light too... What I really loved about this mailbox is that it comes with keys. Isn't that great?... so unless one of my guests leaves with the whole thing, there will be less chances of having disappearing envelopes.

All of this cost 400$ delivery included. Plus they will be painting all the elements in a antique bronze color... perfect match with my colors. I think this will be a great addition to our decor (though we don't have much - really) Things are finally coming together...

I'm finally seeing the whole picture and I love it. What do you think?

No comments: