5.12.2008

Cake beauty... help needed

Because I want my cake to match my whole themed wedding, I thought it would be easier if I designed it rather than try explaining everything to my baker over email or phone. Depending on how many slices we will get, it might be a 3 tier or 4 tier cake.

After looking at all the options available this is what I came up with: (for a 3 tier cake)



At first I wanted my invitation pattern on 2 layers of my cake and on the other layer opt for a quilted design. (option 2) Very simple yet elegant. But then everything changed...

A weddingbee reader sent me a link for a chandelier inspired cake and I truly fell in love. This is the cake... isn't it stunning? I think there are just too many chandeliers for my liking, so I modified it a bit. Obviously this cake is the inspiration for Option 1.


Cake designed by: I Dream of Cake
Image source: Zenadia Design blog

Which one would you go with? Would you make any modifications?

No comments: