5.27.2008

Showering me with love, laughter and gifts

Two weeks ago was my surprise bridal shower. Even though I had doubts, I didn't know it would be this big event! My bridal shower was done in a reception hall at a hotel near my house. So yeah, when Mr.Flamingo told me we were going to eat brunch at the hotel... it was so obvious.

The whole thing was possible to my loving mom, step mom and maid of honor. Now I know my mom had a hard time planning this shower... especially since I live in the apartment downstairs. I sometimes make unexpected visits here and there... and let me say - she will never plan something for me again as long as I live under the same roof. Hahaha


Mommy flamingo, MOH, me, and Step mom Flamingo

I also have to thank my lovely and hot bridal party! There participation was key, and they did not let me down one bit! To honor that... were posed like true Charlies Angels (A little fact about me... my mom called me Kelly after Kelly Garrett a Charlies Angel played by Jaclyn Smith in the 70s - so yeah, its in my blood)


From left to right: Youngest sister F, Oldest sister F,
Me and middle sister F. At the bottom my MOH

Here is the grand entrance:



I was really happy but no emotional breakdown. That was for a little later when my best friend from Toronto came down just for me. She drove 6 hours for my shower... so it most definitely deserved some tears...





Here are some of my high school friends. I love it that even after 13 years of knowing each other we still find time for one another (less time then before, but nonetheless)





So before the party officially started I was called to the dance for to do my famous cowboy dance. (Honestly I made it up along the way, but if it looked professional .. all I can say it I fooled ya all!)



There were lots of games and dancing. Its was really fun and everyone participated. Of course we had to do the classic toilet paper wedding dress contest...I won of course and this is what I looked like:



I honestly should win a fashion award for this. I have a feeling it will be the next wedding dress trend!!!




Then it was gift time... since I didn't have a registry I could only imagine the type of gifts I would get. I was really surprised they were all awesome. Thank you everyone!



I got a pair of beautiful brown luggage with a carry on bag. I also got some Corningware and 4 foldable small wood tables (think TV dinner) with stand. I also got some body butter and a cute PJ (see images below - I'm wearing it)


My godmother got me a pair of studded Swarovski crystal earrings. I've always wanted a pair but never bought them. I was so happy when I opened the box. They are absolutely stunning and will most definitely wear them on my wedding day.



Lastly was a collective gift from everyone. They made me close my eyes and everything... I was really curious to see what it was. I got a check for 500$ which must be applied to my honeymoon. Hurray!!! That's great and I am really happy... watch out Mexico here I come!



I had to say my thank yous in this beautiful outfit. But I think I look hot don't you? Everyone was so nice and not to mention generous. I had to give my MOH a big hug too... thanks for a great bridal shower...

So whats next bachlorette?


No comments: