5.29.2008

Mock-up Bouquet

Even though I wish I could take the risk of making my own fresh flower bouquet for the wedding, I thought it would be best to hire a professional. That way I won't have that extra stress the day of and that's a good thing.

For my flowers I wanted something fluffly... basically that's the definition of peonies. They are my ultimate favorite bloom and I love big and full bodies flowers. This inspiration of bouquets is pretty much what I am going for.


The only issue is that in June peonies aren't in bloom, but luckily my florist did an awesome job and found a supplier. I also really like Ranunculus. Well makes sense since it looks like a mini version of a peony. I thought it would look nice to have the two in my bouquet all in ivory tones. So that's what I'll be doing. I'm not a fan of greenery so there will be very little or none in my bouquet.

My florist was kind enough to include a bouquet mock up at no extra charge. I got a call yesterday and the flowers came in... I was soooo excited. Here is the mock up:





The peonies were actually really small and closed, so I told my florist that I wanted them to be open and as big as possible. I didn't really like the leaves in the actual bouquet, but she explained that because the flowers were quite small she needed something to make it a little bigger.







Then I though, I could maybe make bouquet jewels as a filler and to add for the extra glam. I also would like to have a unique / stylish bouquet handle, but I still have to figure out what I would want.

Do you like it? On a side note, is anyone else out there not a greenery lover?







No comments: