5.19.2008

Finally... the unveiling of my centerpiece

Like I had mentioned in my previous post, Mr.Flamingo and I wanted for our centerpiece some type of chandelier on a stand (but we didn't want to make a big hole in our budget.) During the holidays while I was doing my shopping, I suddenly had this “AWWWWWWWW” moment - and I apologize because I never showed you what that AWWW piece was.

Well without further ado here it the AWWW piece:



They are beautiful clear vase-type candle holders. We got 2 different models (the one you see at the front which is shaped like a wine glass, and the ones completely at the back that are thin and long. Both models have a ribbed pattern in the glass which will create beautiful lighting. Plus they are all different heights - so it will create such a beautiful effect)

These vases were such a deal : The smaller ones: 9.99$ and the taller ones: 12.99$ (All purchased at Winners and HomeSense.)

After showing you all the bits and pieces of my centerpieces... the time has finally come to show you the finished product...yes yes I'm not kidding you. Now I apologize for the blurriness of the photos (that's what happens when you don't use a flash) Either way I'm pretty sure you'll get the picture. (get it picture - :) )

My DIY chandelier on a stand:



I am so happy with the outcome of my centerpieces, even my mom is glad she took part in the DIY-ness. (Shes the one that cut all the strands of beads and created the hooks (using jewelry wiring) to make it a WOW factor)

Here are close ups of the votive and the beading of the centerpiece





We have 22 vases in total and with everything; vases, candles, votive holders, tea lights, bead stands, bead curtain, wiring and mirrors our centerpieces came out to 19.00$ each (including 13% taxes)

So what do you think? Is it like what you imagined?

No comments: