5.06.2008

Bits and pieces

I've avoided the topic of our centerpieces for quite some time now, because like I mentioned before I didn't know what to do. We absolutely wanted some type of chandelier on a stand, but I had to figure out how. During the holidays while I was doing my Christmas shopping at Winners/Homesense, I suddenly had this "AWWWWWWWW" moment. Almost as though a glowing light appeared on what seemed to be the perfect centerpiece.

Now before I spill the beans on my centerpieces... I thought I would just share bits and pieces and let your imagination take over. They aren't completely finish, but this weekend I will take pictures of the final product. Until then I have tonnes of unsticking labels and washing to do.

Here is what makes up my centerpieces


Tea light holders with white embellishment:


Stands of iridescent clear pearls - purchased at Wal-Mart

White pillar candles in two sizes - purchased at Ikea


bags of tea lights - purchased at Ikea

square mirrors for the base of the centerpiece - purchased at Ikea



Chandelier imitation Hand beaded curtain - purchased at Shop Wild Things

I have 22 centerpieces though I won't need to use them all... I had purchased more in case of breakage or for additional decoration. I am really happy with the whole ensemble... my reception site will glow. Luckily Mommy Flamingo was there to help me out, with the cutting and placing...

Are you liking what you are seeing so far... even though its not much? Have you made your centerpieces?

Image source : 1,3,4,5 / 2,6

No comments: