5.06.2008

And action...

Last night I received a private message from a weddingbee reader. The fabulous fadedblue sent me a message saying she had found a really great piece that would be perfect for my wedding theme.

Really intrigued, I clicked on the link she sent me and my jaw dropped. WOW... vintage inspired movie projectors. I'm in love and so is Mr.Flamingo.


Small - $79.99 , Big- $99.99 via Potterybarn

Even though this would totally be a splurge, it would be so nice next to my not so thematic guestbook. I mean I was trying to find ways of making my whole decor more movie-ish without going overboard... so this would be a good choice - right? I can re-use it for decoration in my new home theatre (when we buy our house of course) it would be a great way to remember our wedding. To top this off its on sale... now, how could I resist a sale?

I know, I know, I'm trying to convince myself.

Well, after much debating, I finally decided to purchase it. Problem - They don't ship to Canada. Snif! Snif! I could always ship it to someone I know it the states, but the billing address must be in the states as well. Maybe if I tried calling them.... maybe that would work.

Since its a final sale, I would love to know if any of you have seen these projectors in person? Can anyone help me with that. Its not like I have a Pottery Barn near my house :( so I can't check it out for myself.

Did you splurge on something for your wedding? Is it something you re-used?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are KILLING me! I need to see the chandelier already!! I am still out there looking. I was thinking of doing half of my tables with the chandelier and the other half with tiers of flowers on a tier food stand.