4.30.2008

À Table

As time passes, I seem to change my mind on what I want to do for the table numbers. At first Mr. Flamingo had suggested having vintage movie posters, but I soon realized that it can be very complicated and hard to understand. First off, if the guests don't know the movie specifically, they will need to search to find the actual title on the poster. In those years there was type all over the place, the actors names were more prominent than the actual movie title, so I think it may be hard to the guests to find their table. Another important point is that majority of the guests are French and all the movie titles are in English. So what now...

There was one poster that I really like the imagery. Its the 1933 movie The Songs of Songs. Not only is the imagery beautiful, vintage and wedding perfect... its actually a love story too. Talk about a coincidence.

Here is the original poster :


source

Then I thought why not use that poster for all the table numbers, that way the same message will be on all the posters, which means less confusion and there will actually be numbers. So I started using my Illustrator and Photoshop skills and tried to re-create this poster to suit our wedding.

Here was the criteria I needed on the poster.
  • It needed to look like a movie poster.
  • It had to keep the actual feel of the original poster.
  • We needed to write our names in there somewhere
  • It had to be bilingual
This is what I came up with... (click to enlarge)



I really like the outcome of the poster, I think its perfect. But I haven't shown Mr.Flamingo yet, and I'm afraid he won't like it. He really wanted to go more towards the glamour route but I think that this poster is kinda glamour - no?

What do you think? Please give me your input please...

No comments: