5.01.2008

Cakes Galore

When looking for images for cake ideas, I've come to the realization that I like almost everything. You think it makes it easy on me? Not really... go ahead and try to mesh everything together... it'll look horrible.

I know I want a fondant cake. I find that it looks stunning but I am aware that not many people like it. Luckily my baker adds flavor to the fondant. As for the colors I will most probably go brown, pink and Ivory. Or maybe just brown and ivory... At least that part is not complicated. As for the rest... I haven't even started to think about it. I think it time now... wedding in less than 2 months away.

Here are some of the few images I've collected throughout the wedding process.



I heart all sorts of bows and not to forget cute dots - source
I love contrasting colors - source


Floral patterns, lines, dots, even embellishments... I love them all . -source


Having edible lace on a cake is such a great idea. It looks stunning too.
I also love the mixture of simplicity paired with a bold piece. -source


These cake designs, you have all seen before. source


I love the idea of having shapes made with fondant. source

Do I want a round cake or a square one? Do I want a pattern, or do I go simple? Do I want embellishments or no? Do I want 1 flavor or 3? These are just a few questions I have to answer. In order to get all the elements I like into one cake, I think I will attempt to design the cake... wish me luck :)

Did you design your cake? For those of you who are married, did it come out like you envisioned?

No comments: