4.29.2008

Our Baker - Sweet as cake

Even though we are having a dessert included in our 5 course meal, I've always wanted to have a wedding cake and the extra dessert wasn't going to stop me. Just more sugar for my buttocks - for better or worst right? What's great though, is that Mr.Flamingo will have his ultimate favorite dessert at the end of our meal, and I will have a beautiful wedding cake. It's a win win situation.

We decided to hire Sophie of Les Fantaisies de Sophie. She is really talented and not to mention extremely sweet. Sadly, ten years ago her daughter Catherine was born with a severe handicap and Sophie (our baker) decided to change her career choice to something which allowed her to be with her daughter and give her the attention she deserves. Luckily for us, she became a baker and honestly not only did her story touched me but her positivity and look on life blew me away - we hired her on the spot.




Shes very popular in my area and I am so happy to have chosen her. She has done a cake for the famous Celine Dion and other local stars and you'd think because of it she would charge accordingly. Well to my surprise, her prices were the best I had found and her cake ... so yummy.

Shes also the master behind this beautiful black and white cake which was featured on Style me Pretty DIY contest. This is the design that first caught my eye, I love the simplicity and the design elements... so pretty. And could you believe this cake is only 2.95$ / slice and a pretty big slice might I add.



The patterns - like she explained are "spray painted" on, which allows to have intricate designs for the fraction of the cost. Especially since our cake will be served at midnight with the sweet table ... no need for a really expensive cake design. She's done lots and lots of cakes, but unfortunately the pictures on her site don't do justice to the beauty of her designs...

Did you hire a vendor not only because they were good, but because you were touched by their story?

Next up ... images and images of cakes.... mmm mmm mmm

{Image source}

No comments: