4.09.2008

Permanent... yup its forever

Many of my fellow bees have blogged about having stamp issues with their invitations. They either purchased stamps at one point but because of an increase in the rates, they have no choice but to purchase those annoying 0.01$ stamps. Luckily for us Canadians we no longer need to deal with the 0.01$ stamps because they've introduced permanent stamps. That's right, permanent... as in Forever.


"Canada Post announced the introduction of a new non-denominated stamp that will retain its value forever. The PERMANENT stamp will eliminate the need to purchase 1¢ stamps after a rate increase, doing away with the need for Canadians to worry about 'using up' postage stamps before a rate increase takes effect." source of text and images
I was really excited about this news, especially being someone who rarely uses stamps. I went to the post office and purchased 2 rolls of 100 adhesive permanent stamps. The only disadvantage of these stamps I would say is the variety, but a pretty flower like the one shown is nice and wedding invitation worthy.



So my invitations are off... to infinity and beyond. Honestly, I'm anxious to get the RSVPs back. For once you get something in the mail that isn't a bill. I just hope my family will know what to do with the RSVP postcards. It seems simple, put it in the mail, but some of my guest might think that I forgot to include envelopes. (Don't laugh, I'm pretty sure this will happen - lol)

No comments: