4.07.2008

The final chapter - the reception site

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Welcome to the final installment of the reception venue. Last time around, I was telling everyone how nuts I was for signing a venue that I had never seen and that wasn't even built. I soon realized how many of yous book venues without ever seeing them. Thumbs up to all of yous! but, there is a slight difference with my situation. Majority of yous have heard of that specific vendors or even gotten some sort of feedback from someone, where as I didn't. It wasn't even built yet... who was gonna tell me about it? The birds and the bees???



The hotel was scheduled to open September 1st 2007. They had no choice to finish in time, they had their first wedding booked for that day. Can I just say "Thank goodness I wasn't that Bride" the hotel wasn't finished on time so they had to move her wedding. Could you imagine all that trouble after sending the invites and planning everything... I feel pain for her.

The hotel opened 2 months after the official September 1st date. 2 months behind... that's alot of time, but I'm no construction professional. When I arrived at the hotel the first time around, I was so excited. It was stunning, beautiful and I thought to myself, if the inside was as nice as the outside I'm one happy bride. So without further ado I present you my venue: Imperia Hotel and Suites.


Isn't it beautiful with all those lights. Its so much prettier at dusk.


The Martini Grill - awesome bar/restaurant with a long list of Martinis


The lobby

The hotel is very modern. Almost boutique-ish. There is brown though out the design of the hotel, whether it be the furniture to wall elements. Its very pretty and the beds look extremely comfy. (Can't wait to sleep in it) Sorry I have no pictures of the suite.


Single occupancy - Queen size bed


King Size bed with pull out bed

Even though its quite a small hotel... there are only 63 rooms and 6 suites, I was surprised to know that there was an indoor pool and sauna. Not that I'm going to have the time to use the pool, but still... its a nice option to have.



And finally the reception hall. Since we are going to be over 150 guests, we will be using all 3 halls and make it one. I love that option because it means that our wedding will be the one and only... result = no wedding crashers at my wedding =)



Unfortunately there aren't any other pictures to give you a better idea, for now this will have to do. On top of that, we have an amazing outdoor cocktail area with a majestic water fountain. I just hope it won't rain on my wedding day. That would be too bad to have everyone stay inside.

I'm extremely happy that the hotel is better than what I expected it to be. Now I just have to worry about the landscaping... hopefully they will have enough time to finish everything before my wedding (grass, flowers and trees) My wedding is in June, so it should be okay, but we still have tonnes and tonnes of snow here .... so you never know!

Anyone else have issues with landscaping? Any tips on how to make things pretty if ever the trees don't grow in time?

(Fun fact- we had a record breaking 475 cm of snow this year in Montreal - that equals to 187 inches or 15.5 feet) Could you imagine! I still can't get over it.

No comments: