4.07.2008

All dolled up

Saturday was the day it was time to get all dolled up. I had my hair trial and then I was going to my friends house for my makeup trial. I've been anxiously awaiting this day for a while. When I arrived at the salon I didn't know exactly what I wanted. I knew I wanted to have something vintage inspired, a low bun, and it had to be on the side. I just hoped for the best and let my hairdresser do her magic.

I originally wanted some sort of wave in my do (on my bang part) but my hairdresser wanted to do it without it. She said it would most probably not stay especially since its loose and flowy. I wasn't too sure about that, but maybe she just didn't understand what I was saying. So I present you my do:
(Please note - I'm not wearing any makeup here - and I look horrible)


Front with little hairs everywhere (that wont be there day of)


(slight turn)


back (my comb will be placed on top of the bun)


(slight turn - full bun view)

I like it. I really do. I think its pretty, elegant and partly vintage-y. Plus, went I'm going to add my fantastic comb it will all fit together. I still think though that some waves on the bang part could be really interesting. What do you think? Input please =)

Afterwards, I went tot my friends house for my makeup trial. I'm a makeup freak, I mean I've got tonnes and tonnes of it. At first I was planning on doing my own makeup (I'm the makeup person in my family... I'm even doing my step-mothers makeup on my wedding day - lol) but my friend took a course and I wanted her to take part of my wedding. When I asked her if she could do my makeup she was so honored.

I'm a person who loves to wear eye makeup. I love to have drastic looking eyes, so whether it be smokey eyes, turquoise eyeshadow or fake lashes I've done it all (and this on a daily basis). Of course my family and friends are used to see me with lots of eye makeup, so I can't really go with the natural look... (it just isn't me.) My makeup was done in purple tones, but it will be changed to pink tones instead. Eitherway it will be very similar to this:


What a difference makeup makes. Its crazy.



close up - look at those lashes (if only I could wear fake lashes everyday)


And finally the finishing touch - the veil

I think she did a great job with my makeup (I know some of yous are thinking its alot of makeup) I will go natural with the lip color (a light pink /semi gloss) like I am wearing in the picture.

Do you like it? Were you happy with your trials first time around?

No comments: