4.02.2008

Help needed - movies anyone?

Alright everyone I need your help. If we look back at the whole theme idea of my wedding, I was going for a vintage glam (40s) inspired wedding, combined with the movies of that era. All seems swell when describing it... but less than 80 days to the wedding, and all the elements seem to be all glam and no movie-ness.



I want to be able to incorporate movie elements in my whole theme, because thats what represents Mr.Flamingo. A wedding consists of 2 people. I'm the glam and he's the movie. I want original ideas ... not the classic, let me go to the party store and buy some fake Oscars and paper movie clappers. So I need all the suggestions I can get.

This is what we have so far:
  • Invitation design (vintage hotel , vintage clock and chandelier)
  • Website design (matching invitation)
  • Cake design (matching pattern of the invitation)
  • Centerpiece : chandelier type something (more to come on that)
  • Transportation : Vintage 1959 Bentley
  • Dress and accesoires : very à la oscars
Whats left (and not really figured out yet):
  • Guestbook (no idea)
  • Place cards, Menus
  • Card box (I purchased a wire mannequin and would like to transform it into a card box. I'm just not sure if I will look good so I need other suggestions)
  • Reception decoration / Cocktail decoration
Ideas to incorporate the movie aspect:
  • Hiring 8mm videographer
  • Projecting a slient movie during the reception (not certain this is possible)
  • Wanting a photo corner with movie props (melon hats, boas, cigarette holder..etc)
  • Using old 8mm reel and tin cans for decoration (just an idea)
I desprately need your help awesome weddingbee readers. What would you do to make my wedding more movie worthy?

(Sources: Chandelier, Movie Reel)

No comments: