3.31.2008

Des Fleurs SVP...

I've always had a passion for flowers. I've never taken a course or anything but I love making flower arrangements (unfortunately for me, I haven't had the chance to practice with real blooms only the fake plastic-y ones) I wanted to make my own fresh flowers bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres for the wedding. I even purchased The Martha Stewart Wedding Collection - Martha's Complete Weddings to prepare myself. (Well it was just an excuse to buy it. I wanted it, wedding or no wedding. I'm a Martha freak and I'm not ashamed to say it. :)

When I announce to my family that I wanted to do my own flowers, they all looked at me as if I were nuts. They honestly thought I had fallen on my head or something. Why is that? A girl can't do DIYs ??? I'm sure I won't be as stressed as much as everyone else is saying I will be... then again, you never know.

My step mom sat down with me to have "the talk". Basically she does not want me to do my own flowers (not in a mean way- she is simply concerned) So being a good girl, I've been visiting florists left and right to compare prices and see if it really is worth it to make my own bouquets. Of course its worth it, I mean its 110% certain... there are so many factors to consider; flowers delivery, quality of the flowers, etc. This experience can be a beautful one but on the other side of the spectrum could result in a horror story. I don't want my wedding to be a horror story... so I'm going to hiring someone. Poor florist. They have no idea how I can be when it comes to wedding details

Will you be doing your own flowers? Like me, did you have someone talk you out of it? If so, was it a blessing in disguise?

(FYI - April is here and I haven't hired my florist yet. I'm getting married in June. I'm not stressed, not stressed at all, I'm only getting married in 85 days! Oh my)

No comments: