3.13.2008

Wedding website - makeover

When Mr.Flamingo and I decided that we were officially gonna set the date... my designer in me could not help but to design our wedding website. Though, I wasn't very fond of the idea of doing it from scratch... I opted for a basic template design from Weddingannouncer.com

Everyone in my family had never heard about a wedding website before so they thought I was the most organized and smart bride ever. (hahaha - I found that very funny) So of course when they saw the design of the website they were amazed - I being a designer couldn't help but feel a little ashamed. (On a side note- our wedsite needs to be perfectly bilingual so with wedding announcer there were certain things that I couldn't translate)

First attempt - using wedding announcer (click to enlarge)

Then I read Miss Lovebugs post about her blogger wedding website. It was official, I had needed to redo our website. Especially with all the resources out their on the oh-so fabulous web. I just had to. When I told Mr.Flamingo about it... he thought I was nuts!

When I decided on my invitation design it was easier to design the website for it to fit the whole theme and style. I used the back of the invitation as the background image and I created vintage looking buttons. I"m having issues with the header. Since I have various elements in my invitations, I don't know what I should use.

Please tell me which one you would go with. (Click to enlarge image)

option a: Chandelier



option b: Street with clock



option c: Decorative elements



option d: - None of the above.

(If you choose this option, please specify what you would do- as to not leave me hanging)

I want to show you all the elements when they are completely done. So tell me which header you prefer, so that I can add it. I got to get crackin' on the rest of the content of the website...

Since I have not completely finished the design of our website, I will have a part 2 to the makeover story... so stay tuned...

No comments: