3.12.2008

On the same page - almost

Our ceremony will take place in a beautiful 1789 historical church approximately 10 minutes away from my house and from the reception site. To be completely honest, I chose this church because of its beauty. (Hey... you only get to do this once, so might as well be gorgeous at the same time... =)


The ceremony will only be in french. Even though my family is pretty much bilingual french seemed the easiest way to go (especially for Mr.Flamingos side of the family.) Either way, it will pass by so fast that I won't remember a thing (unless I find a videographer to capture it all).

Three weekends ago we had our 2nd meeting at the church. This was to explain to us our text choices and how the wedding day will go... but Mr.Flamingo and I forgot to go. I'm serious... it completely slipped our minds. Luckily the wedding coordinator- if I can call her that, was very understanding and said I could go sometime in during the week for approx 15 minutes. Wow what a difference. It went from what was suppose to be a 3 hour meeting to 15 minutes. I like it when its quick.

So over the weekend I asked Mr.Flamingo to read the text choices and choose what he would prefer for the ceremony. Wow, to my surprise he read every single passage. Not to mention his choices are what I had considered. Its nice to know we are on the same page.

Now one thing we aren't on the same page - would be the ceremony music. We have a beautiful organ... its stunning, but Mr.Flamingo doesn't like organs. I'm still trying to convince him otherwise --- especially since I don't want to spend another penny and we all know hiring musicians can be costly.

What will you be doing for your ceremony music? Any suggestions?

No comments: