3.11.2008

I'm nuts - its as simple as that

Part 2

Here is installment # 3 of my Venue adventure. Last time I left off I mentioned that on my way to my friends house we stumbled upon a sign “New Hotel - Opening Summer 2007". As you know our criteria for our venue was that we wanted a hotel - simple as that. Mostly because it is extremely convenient, so its obvious that when we saw the sign we were both quite excited. Mr.Flamingo and I noted the website and as soon as we got home, guess what was the first thing we did... We checked out the site - this is what we saw. (click to enlarge)




I was pleasantly surprised - it looked beautiful... well the illustration that is. Things like this can be extremely tricky because the final product might not come out as we imagine it. Regardless, we called the number listed on the site and scheduled an appointment. FYI - we are in april and there is still no beams or any slight indication that some construction is on its way (and they are apparently opening - summer 2007)

Everything was so fast. We went to the appointement, we checked out their construction plans and their inspiration board. At least we could see their colors, patterns and furniture choices (but then again it could be all tricks to have people sign). We called Mommy Flamingo, we discussed and we signed. Could you believe it... we signed our venue and have never even seen it. At this point I think I was going nuts. Who in their right mind signs something without seeing the final product. I mean its ridculous right???? I could understand for something small... but for a 20K venue. Oh my! At this point I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

Have you ever done something like this? Something as crazy as what I did...

More of this story to come...
(please note: I did not give the website to the hotel
because I don't want to spoil my next post about my venue)

No comments: