3.10.2008

Not Paris or Disney... somewhere sunny

Going back to our honeymoon discussion, both Mr.Flamingo and I still don't agree on our location. I tried on several accounts to bring out all the pros of Europe or other places he hasn't gone in Europe but it doesn't interest him like Disneyland doesn't interest me.

Of course the second option, we would most definitely somewhat agree on, would be a sun destination. Though I feel that a honeymoon destination is somewhat special, like one you wouldn't necessarily visit on your yearly vacation spot, I tend to be picky on the location. Secondly, I wouldn't want to go somewhere we've been before - Cuba.


We would like to go for an all-inclusive package. That way we won't need to be worrying about anything and its almost hassle-free. I like that option and so does Mr.Flamingo. Another point is that I would like to relax (meaning some sort of spa option) go to the beach and visit some historical places of the destination. Of course there's the classic Mexico destination where all these option seem possible... but I don't want to go somewhere too touristy.

Due to the fact that Mr.Flamingo is still in school (and isn't really allowed to miss any days) Our honeymoon will basically fall, when he is allowed to. That being said, the choice is limited and maybe the amount of days too. (Still don't know if we will be able to leave for 2 weeks) Because of this, I thought a one week vacation with lets say 4 days on land and 3 on a cruise was an interesting idea - but nope... how could I forget Mr.Flamingo is afraid of the ocean.

Then we thought, if we have two weeks vacation we could do 2 destinations. That way the trip would be extra special and we will see twice as many things. I really really like that idea and so does Mr.Flamingo. Are we ever gonna find a destination... the wedding is almost 3 months away, and I'm not liking this lack of organization.

Am I the only one having any problems agreeing on a location? Are you opting for the sun destination, if so any suggestions on places we can go?

Image found here


No comments: