3.13.2008

The Biggest Loser...

It's a given, brides-to-be generally do a weight loss program or something of that sort to loose weight. We all want to look extra beautiful and a few pounds less is always a positive thing. Mr.Flamingo and I, are no exception to this rule. Yup, Mr.Flamingo too needs to shed some pounds.

I've always been someone you consider big boneded. I am not ashamed of my weight, especially since 95% of the people don't believe me when I give them my actual weight. I'm not very tall... 5 feet and 3/4 so that's also is a factor to consider. (The three quarters is very important when it comes to my height- remember that =) )

I tried looking for full bodied pictures of me to give you an idea that I'm no skinny minny...unfortunately I had no luck, so you will have to bear with the ones I will show you.

This picture was taken on our Cuba trip.
This was my max weight - I was 182 lbs.



This picture was taken last year at a Club (with my eldest sister).
Here I weighed about 179 lbs.


So now, we've started a Protein diet. Okay, let me rephrase that because its not a diet but more changing the way you eat. Don't think I'm starving, on the contrary I eat alot - 6 times a day with food that is high in protein. (Its a known fact that proteins make you full. Result : you eat less)

Our first visit at the clinic was last thursday. My official starting weight 176 lbs. Now a week later I took off my shoes and got on the balance. It read 171.4 lbs, so I lost 4.6 lbs in 1 week. How exciting!

Know you must think its alot, but after the first week if I don't cheat too much, I should loose an average of 2-3 pounds. Men, on the other hand lose 4-5 pounds a week. Wish I was a man just for that ;) So its obvious Mr.Flamingo will be the biggest loser, but still... already I am happy. Losing weight is so fun.

Any one else done a protein diet?

No comments: