3.26.2008

Favors: Ribbon Please

After the over heated discussion about giving donations as favors, we finally figured out what we were going to do. Mr.Flamingo and I want to give donations as favors because it is something we truly believe in and like many of yous mentioned - it is our wedding. I still felt a bit odd giving donations only so we agreed that the donations will be accompanied by a gift (part 2 of the favors - to come shortly.)

Every Wednesday night, I go to Daddy Flamingos for supper and we spend quality time as a family (my sisters included) Isn't it great, that my sisters are my bridesmaids.... its that much more easy to impose some DIY. And thats just what i did. Clever - Miss Flamingo Clever.

Presentation wise I thought it would be neat to make Breast Cancer ribbons. So that we can attach it to the favor. But no classic satin ribbon.... we went all out and we went ahead and beaded some fabulous charms. (About 2.5 inches in height)


Eldest sister flamingo:
Task - To cut the wire to the desired length.

Me - aka Miss Flamingo:
Task - To loop wire at one end to make sure the beads stay in place.

Other 2 sister flamingos:
Task - To bead the wires (make 100 of them)



Me again:
Task - To loop the other end of the wire. And create the ribbon shape.



After all this trouble, I was wondering if the guest would simply disregarding our beautiful charms and throw them in the trash. What do you think? If you received a charm like this, would you reuse it for something else, or simply say buh-bye to our fabulous craftmanship???

No comments: