2.29.2008

This is a dream right? Somebody pinch me

Last year I think it was July, Mommy Flamingo called my cellphone a good three times before I actually picked up. She said she had found the perfect dresses for my bridesmaids. At this point I hadn't even seen them... but judging my moms' sense of knowing her own daughter, she went ahead and bought the dress in sizes 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 ... I'm not kidding you. She wanted to make sure that they would fit.

The reason why she was really really insisting on these dresses (again I had not seem them) was because they were extremely inexpensive! 65$ taxes in /each. Which is awesome, might I add. When she came home, I immediately went upstairs to see this so called dress. I found them really cute. Not what I had wanted originally... but cute.

They're chocolate brown and ivory (not the colors shown in the picture) and they fit my list of criteria - tea length dress, strapless and vintage looking (sort of). The girls (4) tried them on and they looked good on everyone. For security reasons we had taken the dresses one size bigger in case that someone gained weight from July to June. I mean we were extremely cautious.

2 months ago I had asked my eldest sister to try on the dress since she had gained some weight and muscles (shes working out twice a week). She said she didn't feel like it... so it slipped my mind. Wednesday, which just passed, while having my weekly family supper at my dad's house (remember my parents are separated) I asked my sisters to try on the dresses because I wanted to take pics and blog about them.

All of a sudden I heard "Uh oh" that was definitely not a good sign. The dress doesn't fit! Its too tight. Guess who it was... my eldest sister who two months ago didnt 'feel' like trying it on. I knew this would happen.... oh my!

Only 4 months till my wedding and I'm having all these thoughts going through my mind. We can't go to the seamstress and figure something out because it really really doesn't fit. We can't go back to the store to get a bigger size, because they no longer make that model. And if we return them, I don't even know if I will get reimbursed!!!

So being a calm bride (but still freakin' out inside) I decide to call the bridal store where I purchased my dress. I asked them how much time it took to order bridesmaid dresses ... he said if I were to order them next week they would arrive June 1st. That doesn't give much time if they are delayed or if they need alterations. My wedding is June 21st... ok I'm officially freakin out!!!

At the same time, someone had suggested... "why not by the samples?" But I've always envisioned my wedding a specific way (all the girls dressed the same) and because of a technicality I won't have what I've always envisioned? No way... I'll be a bridezilla for this if I have too!!!

So Monday we were suppose to have a spa day amongst us sisters and my step-mother but instead were going dress shopping. Basically it comes down to Monday. We have to find something! Somebody please re-assure me.

Anyone else have last minute adjustments? Have you ever had something happen that totally threw they whole planning in the hole?

{dresses were found here}

No comments: