2.28.2008

La piece de resistance....

After months and months of pulling out my hair because I had no ideas.... I finally found what I was going to do for my invitations. I wanted something vintage looking, with various elements and a uniqueness to each piece.

Thanks to Mr.Flamingo, the ball started rolling. With just 5 little words "Why not use a chandelier?" Why didn't I think of that... honestly I did, but I was afraid that the whole movie aspect was lacking. In the end, I'm really happy with the outcome.

La piece de resistance....
(click on the image to enlarge)


The invitation is a classic A7 single card (printed on both sides). First things first - I knew I wanted a pattern because they are pretty... but mostly since it would play an important role in my cake design (explanation coming soon) Secondly, I wanted the invitation to have movement, that's why I didn't place all the text flush left ;)


For the RSVP I decided to go the Postcard route. I think this is an excellent idea for all you eco-friendly brides. Cost efficient and less paper... what could be better than that.

I kept the idea of the pattern as to keep a consistency in the design. As for the other side, I found an image of an old clock (which happened to be NYC) and with the use of Live Trace in Adobe Illustrator CS2, I was able to create this unique vector image. I love the feel of transforming a photo to a vector... it automatically makes it more vintage looking.



Since we are getting married at a hotel, I needed accomodations cards to advise my guests of special rates. I really love this piece... maybe its because of the vintage looking hotel on the card. I bascially used the same steps to transform a photo to a vector image.

The colors might change slightly depending on the color of the envelopes. And of course some tweeking will occur... but overall I love it. I am really happy with the outcome. Now I just have to do the french ones.

So what do you think?

On a side note - Now I have to design my other stationary elements ; menu, place cards and thank you cards. Any suggestions on what type of imagery I should use? Maybe a mailbox, or a food dome for the menus?

No comments: