1.30.2008

My Bling... oops I mean my ring

I heart being different, original and I love making a statement.... so obviously my bling... oops... I mean my ring is no exception to the rule. Just looking back at what type of engagement ring I got from Mr.Flamingo, you can see that I'm no ordinary gal. I heart big rings, or should I say huge rings so when it came time to choose what type of wedding ring I wanted... I obviously didn't look in the traditional wedding band section (not that there's anything wrong with that.... but I knew I needed something more - something along the lines of a right hand ring.)

Right hand rings from A diamond is forever

A right hand ring if you haven't heard of the term already, is basically a diamond ring which woman buy for themselves, to honor their unique individuality. Each design is made to be expressive of the strength, success and freedom of the wearer.

Right hand rings from A diamond is forever

Basically, the message is that diamond rings are no longer reserved for just the married and engaged ladies. Now my reasoning behind checking out those styles, is not about the independence aspect (because we all know I am getting married) but rather that the designs are simply stunning.... and that's what I want!!!

Three stone rings from A diamond is forever

I must admit that in all the wedding rings, the model which I loved the most is a three stone ring. I love the whole idea of the past, present and future.... so perfect for a wedding ring. These rings from A diamond is forever are still very extravagant... not the typical three stone ring we see at the jewelry store.

When I got engaged the first thing I starting looking for was my ring. I searched endless amount of hours on the net to find the ONE. Mission - accomplished. Unfortunately, my image bank at the beginning of my planning lacks all the sources... I'm no superwoman... so I can't seem to remember where I found it.

I present you... The ONE. I love love love this style, vintage like, three stoned and stunning. The perfect ring (for me that is.)

I decided to get my ring made. This ring will be the base of the design but there's something extra special about the ring - which is why I am getting it made. My step-mother offered me a ring which she no longer uses and is sleeping in her jewelry box. The model of the ring is not something I would wear, but there are 25 miniature diamonds on that ring, and when I suggested to use those diamonds on my ring, she was touched.

I love the idea of something old/vintage incorporated in my ring, and it would be an honor for me to wear it! As for the three stones.... after watching Blood Diamond, I must admit I have been more reluctant to purchasing diamonds. At the same time, I love the idea of having an eco-friendly stone, so Moissanite seemed the perfect alternative for me.

Moissanite is a stone which has the same characteristics as a diamond. Same brilliance, same clarity... you can say its almost a diamond. Whats great about Moissanite is that it is less expensive then actual diamonds. To give you an idea....if my ring were made of all diamonds, it would cost at least 12 000$ (and obviously I can't afford that)

Having my ring made and using moissanite, my ring cost is under 2000$ that's a 10 000$ difference. If ever I were to change my mind, I could always replace my moissanite stones with diamonds... This weekend, I'm going to see the jeweler to get going on my ring. I am anxious to see how things will go.

Anyone else get their ring made or opted for a different style of ring?
And has anyone used Moissanite rather than diamonds?


1 comment:

Jane said...

I'm a big fan of moissanite. I'm planning on getting a pair of earrings very soon--I actually gave a pair to my mother over the holidays, and they are beautiful! She's received many compliments. Not only do they shine, they're durable and they're really a great value.