11.11.2007

Paris & Italy or Disney???

Everytime we start and discuss our honeymoon... you'd think we were making the biggest decision of our lives. Mr. Flamingo and I can't seem to agree on our choices. On my side, ever since I've been small I've wanted to go to Europe, especially Italy. I am half Italian so it only make sense that I would want to visit my fathers homeland. Thinking ahead, I've figured that maybe my honeymoon would be my only chance to visit Europe before I settle down and start a family.

What I would like would be to visit Europe but more specifically Paris and Italy. Mr. Flamingo lived in France for a year, and I would love to see where he stayed and at the same time experience it. Now I know you might be saying its going to cost us a fortune.... well that's not the goal. I would like to backpack in Europe, sleep in hostels, meet new people and all of that. Knowing that I want to visit two very expensive cities, I was thinking maybe splurging on a one night in Paris for that extra romantic touch.

Image source: Italy- Patrizia Giacomini,
Paris -
gettyimages.com Disney- Disney Honeymoons.


Mr.Flamingo doesn't feel like going to Europe because obviously he's done it, his dream honeymoon would be Disney. He finds it to be romantic and since he's a child at heart would love to experience it. (Just to point outhe's never gone before) Even to the point that he told me to bring my wedding dress so that we can take picture next to the castle. It would be magical I agree but on the other hand I've been to Disney. Also, Disney is something I see ourselves doing with our future kids, Europe not so much.

I even suggested going to Disney Paris, but that doesn't interest him. He wants to stay there for the whole week or two. I'm afraid that I will get fed-up if we do this. What Mr. Flamingo thinks about Europe is this. He wants to go and experience it with me, but would like to do so when we are older and when we can afford to spend the money. I completely understand his point of view.

We keep going back and forth and I don't know what to do. HELP!!! What do you think we should do? and for those who have gone to Disney... how was it? I would love to hear the pros and cons.

No comments: