11.08.2007

Here it is....

After my numerous posts about my wedding accessories, I think that the anticipation built up is at its maximum. Unlike many brides-to-be my wedding dress shopping was quite easy.... and honestly I couldn't be more happy.

Planning way in advance obviously had its quirks when it came to dress shopping. The first place I visited with my mom was a very small boutique. There were some nice dresses, but nothing that gave me the butterflies everyone was telling me about. I wanted to fall in love with my dress, and that didn't happen. I didn't waste more time... even though I could of tried on endless amounts of dresses. There's something magical when you have a wedding dress on... too bad we only wear it one day!

Next place I visited was referred by my sisters friend. I was a bit sceptical after all the references which ended up being vendorzilla stories. I didn't lose hope though and called. This time around I went with my cousin who happens to be my MOH. When we arrived we were greeted with such kindness, this was a good sign. We looked around the first dress I tried was the one. It fit perfectly the color was gorgeous... oh and not to mention that I had butterflies.

I knew this dress had to be expensive... I have expensive taste. The salesperson replied : 650$ taxes included. Did I hear clearly??? Yes yes, 650$ taxes included. Wow... I was impressed with myself. To top things off, if I ordered my dress before the end of the month (which was march 2007) I got a 100$ off. Now that's what I'm talking about. Rewarding those who plan ahead. So I basically got my dress, veil, garter, shale, sash, and extra straps for 690$ taxes in. Talk about an awesome price....even better when your mom says she is offering it to you as a gift!

Many of yous have mentioned that you dislike pick-up dresses... I recall someone saying they are so 'Davids Bridal' ...whatever that means... but luckily for me, we don't have David's Bridal here in Canada. ;) Honestly, your wedding dress all about you, and if its perfect for you then its all that counts. So I would like to say...I am a proud pick-up dress bride-to-be. =)

OK here it is:

Mr. Flamingo your journey stops here. I mean it!!!

.·:*¨¨*:·.
.·:*¨¨*:·
.·:*¨¨*:
.·:*¨¨*
.·:*¨¨
.·:*¨
.·:*
.·:

.

.·:
.·:*
.·:*¨
.·:*¨¨
.·:*¨¨*
.·:*¨¨*:
.·:*¨¨*:·
.·:*¨¨*:·.
.·:*¨¨*:·.
.·:*¨¨*:·
.·:*¨¨*:
.·:*¨¨*
.·:*¨¨
.·:*¨
.·:*
.·:

.

.·:
.·:*
.·:*¨
.·:*¨¨
.·:*¨¨*
.·:*¨¨*:
.·:*¨¨*:·
.·:*¨¨*:·.
.·:*¨¨*:·.
.·:*¨¨*:·
.·:*¨¨*:
.·:*¨¨*
.·:*¨¨
.·:*¨
.·:*
.·:

.

.·:
.·:*
.·:*¨
.·:*¨¨
.·:*¨¨*
.·:*¨¨*:
.·:*¨¨*:·
.·:*¨¨*:·.

VoilĂ :

front view:

back view:


side view:


My wedding dress is champagne, the color is stunning and once the lights dimmed my dress shimmers. Romantic and not to mention glamorous. You might be wondering whats up with all the taupe-grayish accessories...well that's because I will add a sash to my dress - yup a taupe sash.

So what do you think? Honest input please...

No comments: