10.29.2007

What to do?

My wedding being vintage glam, is a mix of both the movie influence of the 30s and the glam that came with it (chandeliers, red carpet..etc) I've always dreamt of having individual chandeliers per table at my wedding. It would be so luxurious, but for several reasons - it's not possible. First off, I'm not allowed to hang things from the ceiling of my reception hall and not to mention that having a chandelier per table would be too expensive.

Image courtesy of Brides.com

As an alternative, I thought of making a tree chandelier instead. It would be much cheaper. I would simply need to find acrylic crystal beads to hang from the branches I would gather in the woods near my house. The overall piece would be very glamorous... but still this isn't exactly what I had envisioned.

Last month, I bought a new local bridal magazine and to my surprise I saw the picture below on a rental company ad. HOW AMAZING!!! Chandeliers, but on a stand...so perfect! Exactly what I need.

Image courtesy of Elegant Wedding Magazine, Rental Company: Luxe Rentals

I've been searching for something like this ever since I started planning my wedding. So I decided to call and ask how much they cost. The lady said 75$. WHAT!?! 75 dollars each for a rental!?!... I have over 20 tables... thats over 1500$ just for centerpieces, and I don't even get to keep them! I had given around 350$ for centerpiece since I was making them myself... so as you can see my budget doesn't agree with the price.

I 'm disappointed... so close yet so far! I don't know what to do. I was thinking of maybe only have a few, but still that doesn't solve my problem.. What do I do for the other tables ???

Anyone???

2 comments:

Danna said...

Hi, I love these candelabras too, but when I called Luxe Rentals, they said they do not and never have rented these. Do you know who you called about this? I am very interested for my wedding.

http://vintageglamwedding.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html

Unknown said...

i found these on theknot.com it's classy with a touch of modern. you could fill the vases with water and toss floating candles on top to help illuminate the lamp shades. looks pretty cool anyway ;) http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/42104/detailview.aspx?id=42104&type=3&wedding+details=reception+decor&pageindex=11