10.26.2007

A new bird in town.

Invitation design: Fine Stationery

Greetings to all you current bees, future bees, and not to forget you awesome readers. I am so excited to be part of the hive. Like many of yous, I've been reading weddingbee for some time now, and being part of this great 'family' is an honor I will try my best to maintain it. I will start off by explaining why I chose the Flamingo to represent both my FH and myself. Its actually a pretty funny story... just judge for yourself.

Cayo Guillermo, Cuba

In the summer after our official engagement, we decided to go to on our first trip together to Cayo Guillermo, Cuba. You can say that it was like a mutual gift. Both of us had never been down south before, so we were really excited about the whole thing. When we arrived, the weather was gorgeous, the beach was spectacular... better than what we imagined it to be. Around half-way through our trip we decided we wanted to go Flamingo searching. I had never seen one in real life before and I find them so cute (and sooo pink - my favorite color by the way)

We had heard some local mention something about a flamingo farm. But honestly, we couldn't really make out what he was saying - his English was extremely bad. So M. Flamingo had this 'great' idea of renting a car and literally going Flamingo hunting. I thought it would be fun to leave the hotel... so we went. We ended up in a little town called Moron, Cuba (which was a good 2 hours away from our hotel). We saw crocodiles, cows but no flamingos. I was sad at this point because I really wanted to see one. Just one. Was it really so much to ask?

Our rental was a 4x4 with a removable top. In which we had to take the top off (according to M.Flamingo) So of course when we came back to the hotel it was fair to say we were toast! With all the wind and the direct sun... we were burnt (and trust me we wore sunscreen) Look at us... see


This is us, look how burnt we are. Its actually pretty funny!!!

As we were returning our car to the car rental company, we were talking to the guy saying we were looking for flamingos but didn't even see one. He asked us which hotel we were from. I found it to be an odd question, but answered either way. Doesn't he tell us that there are flamingos at our hotel! WHAT!!! I couldn't believe it. So there we were again... flamingo hunting. After all this, renting a car, driving endless hours, getting a massive sunburn... there were some at our hotel. No one could of said something before going through all of this? We finally found them. I couldn't believe my eyes... there right in front of me... flamingos. So pretty.

The actual thing, real flamingos

So that the whole story behind the flamingos. Pretty funny isn't it???

No comments: