10.22.2007

Capturing the essence

Another important element for my wedding would be video. Like my photographer, I'm having issues when it comes to choosing the right company. I don't want my money to be wasted in something that I could do myself.

Let me elaborate on the previous statement - when I say myself, I am talking about the editing and the montage. It's something that can easily be done in the comfort of my own home with the right software - of course. I want someone who can do something that I can't do. I want to have something different... and something along the lines of a movie trailer. Shorty and sweet yet packed with emotion.


Here is an example of a super 8 video. It tells a story like no other video.

A while back, I was introduced to Super 8 weddings. Super 8 is basically filming using an 8 mm camera. Yes, yes, the film our parents used to watch on a projector. This type of film is becoming more and more popular and I knew thats what I wanted. The company which made me discouver this type of footage is a company called Fifty Foot Films.

I adore their artistic style, the fact each video has warmth and romance, and I love the fact that they use music that is ’unconventional’ and unexpected, yet so perfect. This is an American company unfortunately for me (I’m from Canada). What is great is that there are more and more companies which offer this service (at affordable prices), but it has not made its way to Canada yet. I don't know whether it will ever make it here before my wedding day, so for now I am looking for companies who might be able to travel all the way to montreal. Anyone???

1 comment:

Liene Stevens said...

My Wedding Film is based in AZ, but they do travel. I posted about their super 8 recently, http://blueorchiddesigns.blogspot.com/2007/10/best-kept-secret-8mm-film-videos.html

Here is their main site: http://www.myweddingfilm.com

They're awesome. Feel free to email me if you want to know more prior to contacting them. info[at]blueorchidweddings[dot]com