10.18.2007

30s inspired

After setting the date, it was time to decide on a theme. Even though themes aren't necessary, I knew I wanted one for my wedding. This was one part of the wedding that wasn't really hard to figure out. Being a fan of anything glamour, I thought it would be a neat to incorporate it in my wedding.

Wedding planning is said to be a girl thing, so my fiancé left me with majority of the decision making. That being said, I basically had carte-blanche, so my glamour wedding ideas started flowing. I wanted a modern glamour wedding. So pearls, chandeliers, golds, pinks and champagnes. I basically wanted to modernize the whole glam movement.



After our official countdown began, my sweetie started to show interest in the planning. I was really happy about this, because not many guys (I know) take part of the planning. As time passed, I realized that the glamour part of our theme was more me than him and we needed to find something that suited the both of us! It finally came to me at 2 o'clock in the morning on a week day. My FH is a fan of anything movies, so we decided to combine the two.

Our revised theme, if I can call it that, will focus more on the 30 - 50s glamour movie aspect. I designed an inspiration board which was featured on Style Me Pretty. Watch out the Oscars, our wedding will be the main event.

3 comments:

Liene Stevens said...

my wedding tonight was vintage glam inspired by the 1930-50's musicians - I'll have pics soon hopefully. I had a guest blogger today and she also talked about vintage glam with a hollywood twist. it is such a fun theme to do and so easy to customize - your wedding will be gorgeous!

Kelly | Blushink said...

I would of loved to have musicians at my wedding, but because of a tight budget, we are opting for a dj.

But rest assure, I will have a 30-50s playlist... should be fun.

Sarah Dennis said...

Oh Kelly this sounds great! I can't wait to see how it all comes together. I'm so glad that you made the decision to incorporate your FH more. I truly believe that the wedding day is about "THE TWO OF YOU"! That's why I decided to have a game night theme, it's so indicative of who we are as a "couple" and my FH is really having fun planning all the events around this theme!