7.25.2008

Glamuptials: Beauty time (Part 1)

When I had my hair trial, I felt there was some vintage missing in my do. I followed what many of yous suggested and asked my hairdresser to make me some finger curls. I didn't go for a second trial, because my hairdresser insisted not to, so I only saw the final product the day of my wedding, I know - crazy.

The day before the wedding, I went to get my hair washed and get my curls started. It took a long time, because well... finger curls are a unique request now a days. Plus, I was lucky, I got to sleep will all kinds of hair pins (ya like the huge black one) to make sure everything stayed in place for the morning after. (But regardless - I slept like a baby)

Here is the morning of... I look like I didn't sleep alot (which is true indeed - I was finishing up my moms jewelry until 2am - Crazy Flamingo! I know) But regardless I slept quite well. Plus my MOH kept me company all night, so I wouldn't feel an empty space in my bed.

I had given my younger sister the camera but she didnt do a great job of taking pictures, so these are random pics of my hairstyle (which by the way I LOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDD)

Close up of the curls and my beautiful rhinestone comb.

Don't even ask me what I'm doing here, seems like quite an awkward pose.
I guess my friends were trying to show EVERY angle ;)

Everybody loved my hair, with the exception of my mom. Lets just say my mom felt she needed to tell everyone in my family that she disliked my hair so when it came time for the receiving line, I would be greeted with "Congratulations, and I love your hair by the way, don't listen to your Mom... you look gorgeous and your hair matches your vintage theme"

I was a bit shocked about the whole thing, I mean why would my mom do that. Plus its not like one person mentioned this, but at least 5 different people. Why? I have no clue, but I let it slide. I loved my hair and thats what counts right?

If I were to do it all over again (wait I am.... I am having my photo shoot today) I would go for a vintage hairstyle hands down. I say the hell with what everyone says... do what you want. Its your wedding :)

No comments: