4.25.2008

To dance or not to dance

There will be lots and lots of dancing at our wedding because my whole family loves to bust a move... but there is one dance I'm debating whether we should do... the famous money dance.




" The concept of "Money Dance" is that the male guests pay for the privilege of dancing with the bride, and by extension, female guests pay for the privilege of dancing with the groom. The money is to be used for the bride and groom's honeymoon or to give them a little extra cash with which to set up housekeeping. " source

I think because we are a young couple and we want to buy a house, the money collected with this dance will be very useful. Also the time spend dancing with our guests will be very precious and the guests who aren't interested aren't obliged to participate. On the other hand, I don't want to seem greedy. So whats a bride to do?

I also don't like the idea of pinning money to my dress - well actually in Canada the smallest paper bill we have is a 5$ so if we want our guests to give us looneys (1$) and toonies (2$) we might have to opt for something vintage like top hats.



I'm really curious, how many brides-to-be are considering having a money dance at their reception? If you've done it, were you happy with the outcome, were your guest offended by the thought of asking them to dish out some more money? Help ... I really don't know what to do.

{Image Source: gettyimages }

No comments: