4.03.2008

Pretty dress for a pretty girl

Choosing our flowergirls' dress was not very complicated. Originally I wanted to have a mini version of my wedding dress because I find it extremely adorable even more so when your flower girl is 3 years old.

I happened to be shopping with mommy Flamingo and we found the most adorable dress. At first sight its not what I wanted. I didn't like all the details on it, but for 45$ taxes included (we have 14% taxes here in Quebec) I thought I could or should I say my mom could do some sewing here and there.

This is what I wanted to do to the dress.
  • Remove the beading at the front of the dress
  • Remove the flower and ribbon on the front of the dress
  • Remove the big bow at the back (don't ask me why, but its white and the dress is ivory)
Here is the dress before the transformation:

Front

Back (with bow)
detailing in the front

Embroidery at the bottom of the dress

I wanted to add a sash the color of my dress so that she would look like almost a mini-me. Oh course there is no pick up skirt, but its no biggy... she will look so cute!
Here is the dress after the fabulous work from my mom. Unfortunately we couldn't remove the flower at the front of the dress, so we improvised a little.
Da dum....




I love that my mom has been so helpful in all the planning process. Its no nice to share all the little moments/details with her. It means alot to me.

So what do you think. Do you like it?
How about you - What has your mom done for you during your wedding planning process?

No comments: