3.20.2008

I'm NOT a real bride

The statement is pretty self explanatory. Okay, I AM getting married, but as I reading about everybody else's planning process I've realized that I'm not doing a lot of what you brides-to-be are doing. I know there is nothing wrong with being different... but I'm starting to wonder... am I missing out???

So here's a list of my multiple unbride-ish things

Asking the bridal party: Everyone did these cutesy cards or something extra special to ask their bridesmaids to be bridesmaids. I did none of that. It was practically a 'wanna be my bridesmaid? yes, well good' end of story. Already my bridal party think I'm nuts doing all these DIY things imagine if I gave them a pop up card or something like that. lol

Engagement photo session: Before I started reading weddingbee... I didn't even know people did this. I find it really neat especially if you are hiring the same photographer for your wedding - gives you an idea on how they work. But nope, we didn't do this. More money for something else...

Save-the-dates:
I went ahead and made electronic versions of a STD but I really don't think it was worth it for me. I won't have guests coming from far (exception for my good friend from Toronto) so it wasn't really necessary. Also I didn't do it all the way (meaning I didn't have everyones email address) so come think of it... there was really no point.

Engagement party: This is something very popular with italian weddings... I mean its almost as big as the wedding itself, but I didn't feel there was a need. So we didn't have a party, a supper or get together. They're just gonna all meet at the wedding. Hope that goes well.

Registry: It's very simple. We won't have one. I know - I can see all your faces and your head nodding, but its something Mr.Flamingo and I have decided and its one thing we will stick to. We've been together for 4.5 years and have been living together since 4 so we have everything. (Exception a BBQ - which we will most probably get anyway) Why make a registry then? I rather have monetary gifts to pay for our future home.

So what un-brideish thing are you doing or should I say, not doing?




No comments: