3.24.2008

Giving Hope well trying at least

I like to consider myself being someone who gives. Giving, in the sense that I try to volunteer when I can for events that are important to me I and donate to charities in which I truly believe in. I think we can all make a difference.

Breast Cancer awareness is something I truly care about. It only makes sense because six years ago, my grandmother passed away from the disease. Luckily though, my mom was more fortunate. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 37 and this year will mark her 10th year of remission. She is a proud survivor and I am happy to share it with the world.

In honor of my mom and in memory of my grandmother, I want to incorporate pink elements in my wedding which will highlight breast cancer. When I told my mom this, she started crying. She was so touched and I was happy because I love my mom so much.

The bridesmaids will have beautiful pink bouquets filled with roses and ranunculus. My flower girls basket will have pink and ivory ribbons on it. The favors will be part gift part donation to the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation. (more to come on that) I was even thinking of making pink ribbons for the guests. But I'm still not sure about this idea.

You Americans have Brides Against Breast Cancer. I think this is such a great cause, but unfortunately we dont have this in Canada (well I don't think so) So I am still searching for more ideas.

Any suggestions of what else I can do to highlight breast cancer? Will you be highlighting a charity for your wedding?



No comments: