11.15.2007

Must be love

When Mr. Flamingo and I finally decided to set a date, there were numerous questions that needed answers. What? When ? Where? How? and Why? The classic five. Now we all know the reason behind the What : Our wedding. But the other questions were harder to answer.

When : At first we wanted a May wedding mostly because both are birthdays are in May... but soon after we changed our mind. We opted for a June wedding, that way we are sure that the everything will be in bloom. Also, it happens to be the same day as my grandfathers birthday. Our wedding will be even more special. When I told my grandfather he was so happy he got all teary eyed. Made me cry of course.

Where : This was the hard part. I personally always envisioned my wedding in a church in the presence of God. I am not a very religious person - in the sense that I do not go to church on Sundays, but I practice on my own time. I believe in God and getting married in a church seems so much more concrete (for me) Mr. Flamingo believes in God, but isn't crazy about Churches. Seems like the only times he's gone was for funerals, so its only normal he associates it with a negative event. I want to change that. I wanted our ceremony in a church, him not so much.... but he was kind enough to accept the church idea. I was really happy about this, and it was so kind on his part. Must be love.

We will be getting married in a beautiful church. Its a 1789 historical church situated about 10 minutes from my house. Labelled in 1987 as a historical monument, the structure and detail is simply breath-taking.





How
: In the presence of all my friends and family of course. My family is Italian and french Canadian but because I am part of a reconstructed family... the family members never cease to increase. Already we knew our wedding would have a lot of people, more than what we wanted, but how to you invite one person and don't invite another. Mr. Flamingo's family is quite small compared to mine. I could even say its a third the size of mine. He even jokes about hiring some extras to put on his side so that the church will look balanced and filled. lol. He's too funny. To top things off, the last wedding his family attended was my future in-laws in 1967. This is sure to be one interesting wedding.

Why : Because we love each other and we want to share it with the world and all you fabulous weddingbee readers. :D Hope you all enjoy.

No comments: