11.04.2007

Invitations that 'Glow'

For several months, I’ve been trying to find ideas for my wedding invitations. Being a graphic designer, I find it extremely hard designing something for myself. I don’t know what it is… I guess I am extremely critical of my work. Its hard finding the perfect idea, and we all know that we want everything to be perfect for the BIG day!

Invitations in general should set the tone & mood of a wedding, but most of all they should be inviting. You want your guest to want to come to my wedding. Invitations at times can also serve as great mementos… but in order to offer such a unique invitation, you have to be willing to pay a little more, oh or be talented with your two hands, of course.


Invitations by Gleaux

I came across a really neat invitation company called Gleaux (pronounced “Glow”). GLEAUX is a full service graphic design studio dedicated to the reincarnation of the paper invitations. What pushed them to create such beautiful designs is the urge to re-kindle the excitement of receiving and opening a personal, handwritten addressed envelope on beautiful paper. They pay lots of attention to details, but most of all they want to establish that special relationship between you and your guests.

This is exactly what I need and obviously I will make them myself but I don't even know where to start... I called my good friend in TO for some help. She said she would be happy to help me out! Thank goodness... because I don't think I can do this myself. We are gathering ideas left and right, so once I have something more concrete to show you guys - don't worry I will.

But is this indecisiveness only something designer prone? My whole planning has actually gone really smoothly, but my invitations is a huge road block! What are your wedding road blocks???

No comments: