1.01.2008

Capturing the essence

After some relaxing holidays and putting my wedding planning on the side for awhile, its time to get back to the planning. With just about 6 months left, there are tonnes of things to do.

An important element for my wedding would be video. Like my photographer, I'm having issues when it comes to choosing the right company. Being a graphic designer, there are many things that I can do myself like editing and doing the final montage of the video. It's something that can easily be done in the comfort of my own home with the right software - of course, and to be honest I don't want to pay a company for something I could assemble myself. I want someone who can do something that I can't do. I want to have something different... and something along the lines of a movie trailer. Shorty, sweet yet packed with emotion.


Here is an example of a super 8 video - thanks to youtube.com

A while back, I was introduced to Super 8 weddings. Super 8 is basically filming using an 8 mm camera. Yes, yes, the film our parents used to watch on a projector. This is the same type of film Mrs. Onion used for her wedding video. It is becoming more and more popular and I knew it was what I wanted. The company which made me discover this type of footage is a company called Fifty Foot Films. I adore their artistic style, the fact each video has warmth and romance, and I love the fact that they use music that is ’unconventional’ and unexpected, yet so perfect.

What is great is that there are more and more companies which offer this service (at affordable prices), but it has not made its way to Canada yet - or should I say to Montreal. I don't know whether it will ever make it here before my wedding day, so for now I am looking for companies who might be able to make their way to Montreal. I really want super 8 for my wedding... and I hope I can find someone before it is too late.

I've visited and called every company here in Montreal. I even called film universities... and no luck... not to mention that when I inquire about Super 8 they all think I am crazy... no joke. But then again, I am use to it. (You've all read my Vendorzilla stories) I've contacted several companies in the States to inquire about their rates and see if they would travel to Montreal... I'm certain I don't have all the companies out there. So if you know of any... please share

No comments: